Gems and Jewellery Training & Manufacturing Center (GJTMC) Quetta, was established on 27 January, 2011. GJTMC, Quetta is housed in the first floor of Malik plaza M.A Jinnah Road Quetta.
It is equipped with latest Lapidary Machines, Gemological tools and equipments and carving machines.
The prime motive of GJTMC-Quetta is to upgrade the skill and technology of the Gems & Jewellery sector of Balochistan and to provide a platform to the Gems & Jewellery manufacturers and businessmen of the region to avail the manufacturing facilities through state of the art machineries and equipments, resulting in improvement in quality and value addition, leading toward enhancement in exports.
GJTMC Quetta strives for the development of the Gem and Jewellery industry of the region from mine to market. It contains latest advanced lapidary machineries imported from Germany and Japan and latest Gemological equipments from Germany for the identification of gemstone both natural and synthetic.
Gemstone Cutting and Carving techniques are introduced by the use of these lapidary machines and the students are trained in accordance with the latest international standards. Several training programs on Gemstone Identification, Gemstone Grading and Merchandizing, Diamond Grading and Pricing, Gemstone Cutting, Gemstone Carving, Manual Jewellery designing, Import and Export procedures and Gemstone mining etc. are being conducted regularly to enhance the skills of the local sector.
The objective of these trainings on latest machineries especially on gemstone faceting and carving is to provide participants with knowledge and skills required for developing the local market. Their finished products will attract the dealers of international markets ultimately leading towards enhancement in exports.
Address: Gems & Jewellery Training & Manufacturing Center (GJTMC)
Pakistan Gems and Jewellery Development Company (PGJDC)
First floor of Malik plaza M.A Jinnah Road Quetta, Balochistan.
Tel (Off): 081-2837087
Facebook: Click Here
Name of Faculty Member Specialization Experience
Miss. Farheen Agha M.Sc Bio-Chemistry
Qualified from (SBK) Women’s University Qta. Lapidary In charge 2 Years
Mr. Irfanullah, B.A,
Qualified from GGIP Peshawar Faceting Instructor 3 Years
Mr. Mohammad Arif, M.A,
Qualified from BUITEMS, Quetta Faceting Instructor 4 Years
Mr. Waris Khan B.A
Qualified from GGIP Peshawar Carving Instructor 2 Years
Major Achievements of GJTMC Quetta:
- So far 48 training programs have been conducted at GJTMC Quetta in various fields of Gems & Jewellery and a total of 737 candidates have successfully been trained as yet.
- Submitted a training proposal to National Vocational & Technical Training Commission, (NAVTEC) Islamabad.
- Submitted the proposal related to gems and jewellery training to Benazir Income Support Program (BISP).
- Entrepreneurship development courses and diploma courses in Gemology, lapidary and Jewellery will be started at the center in the near future.
- Workshops on training need assessments for GJTMC Quetta in four districts of Balochistan will be conducted very soon.
- Incubation facilities have been provided to the passed out students. Faceting machineries have been provided to these students and they are using them commercially for fulfilling orders received from the local market.
- The passed out students of carving section are working in table ware section for completion of commercial orders received from the market on carving machineries.
- A lot of passed out candidates from the center have opened their own workshops in the hub of Gems & Jewellery Market for gemstone faceting, gemstone carving, ball making and bead making.
- A few passed out students from the carving and faceting section are working in the incubation center being run by local NGO’s in Quetta region.
- Application has been submitted for registration / affiliation of GJTMC Quetta with Trade Testing Board Balochistan (Manpower & Training, Government of Quetta, Baluchistan)
- Gem Lab is also operational on commercial basis for identification and certification of gemstones of customers.
- Seminars are being conducted on Gemstone processing and value addition with join collaboration of SMEDA Quetta, Balochistan to the gems sector people of Balochistan.
- A student project exhibition in collaboration with Women Business Incubation Center SMEDA Balochistan will be organized very soon to display the intricate projects of
- To enhance the entrepreneurial skills in the students, training courses on Branding, Leadership & Brand building and Store management are planned to started at GJTMC Quetta very soon.
Six Months Diploma Course in Gemology: GJTMC Quetta is going to launch six month Diploma course in Gemology very soon.
Advance Lapidary Courses: Advance Lapidary Courses will also be launched shortly. The duration of these courses will be 6 months.
- Advance Gemstone Cutting & Faceting Courses.
- Advance Gemstone Carving Courses.
- Advance Table Ware Courses.
Advance Manual Jewelry Designing Courses:We are going to launch 6 month advance Manual Jewelry Designing Course in the center.
CAD/CAM:CAD/CAM courses will also be conducted regularly in the center.
Workshops on Trainings Need Assessments for GJTMC Quetta
Proposal related to workshop on training need assessments for GJTMC Quetta is approved. These workshops will be conducted in the below mentioned four main districts of Balochistan.
- District Zobe
- District Kharan
- District Chaghi
- District Killa saif ullah (Muslim Bagh)
Training Program on Gemstone Mining at GJTMC Quetta
Proposal related to the gemstone mining at GJTMC Quetta is approved and we are going to start Gemstone mining training courses on regular basis throughout Baluchistan. These trainings will help the sector people and specially mine owners of the province.